Zibbet makes it super easy to buy and sell digital products such as patterns, photography and printable's. Once it is purchased, a link to instantly download the digital file is automatically sent to your buyers. For your security, your customers will have 7 days to download the product before the unique link expires.
To list a digital product:
1. Click "Add a new item" in your Zibbet admin panel
2. Select "Digital" as the item type
3. FiIll out all the details, such as title, description, price etc, and upload your file.
4. Preview your item and publish it. We'll take care of the rest!
What "Quantity" should I put for my digital product?
Firstly, it's worth noting that the "Quantity" dropdown won't show on your product pages for digital products, as the buyer can only purchase 1 quantity of a digital product. Therefore, if you are wanting to sell an unlimited amount of your Digital product, just enter a very high number in the quantity input box when listing your item. Remember, the buyer won't see this. However, if you are only selling a small number of your digital product (perhaps it's a limited edition), then you can enter the quantity and it will sell out when it reaches zero.
File type and file size:
There are no restrictions on the file type, or file size. However, if your file is very large, we would encourage you to 'zip the file' so it will upload faster.
Important: You can only upload 1 file per product. If you have multiple files related to the product, simply compress them into 1 zip file and then upload the zip file.
How to "Zip a file (or folder)":
Firstly, if you have multiple files related to the product, put them into one folder. You will then "Zip" the folder. You only need to zip a file on it's own if it's a large file, as this will make uploading quicker.
- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder. A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
- Locate the items to zip in the Mac Finder (file system)
- Right-click on a file, folder, or files you want to zip.
- Select “Compress Items”
- Find the newly created .zip archive in the same directory.
How does the buyer download the file?
Once the purchase is complete, the buyer will receive a purchase confirmation email from Zibbet (there's no Zibbet branding when the purchase is made from your standalone website). The link to download the file is within that purchase confirmation email, which looks like this: