If your domain name is registered with Hostgator, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Stitch website.
If you need help at any time, contact Hostgator directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hostgator account
- In your Hostgator cPanel, scroll down to the Domains section and click Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- Scroll down to Zone File Records and look for the CNAME record that has the www version of your domain (E.g. www.mystore.com) in the Name field and the non-www version (E.g. mystore.com) in the Record field and click Edit. Then change the Record field to your Stitch website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com).
- Now head back to your cPanel, back down to the Domains section and select Redirects.
- In the Type field, make sure that 301 Permanent is selected. Then in the All Public Domains drop down, select your domain. In the redirects to field, you’ll enter your full custom domain (E.g. www.mystore.com). Select Do Not Redirect www and then click Add.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Stitch admin panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Hostgator directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis.