If your domain name is registered with Google, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Stitch website.
If you need help at any time, contact Google directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google account
- Click the DNS icon and scroll down to the Synthetic Records section.
- Select Subdomain forward from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the @ symbol in the Subdomain field, then the full custom domain url including the www (E.g. www.mystore.com) in the Destination URL field and click Add.
- Now scroll down to the Custom resource records section and select CNAME from the dropdown menu.
- Enter www in the first field and then enter your Stitch website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) in the Domain name field, and click Add.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Stitch admin panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Google directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis.