If your domain name is registered with GoDaddy, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Stitch website.
If you need help at any time, contact GoDaddy directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the drop-down settings menu in the domain box, click Domain Details and then click the DNS Zone File tab.
- Scroll down to the CNAME section and click Edit for the www record and change the @ record in the Points to field to your Stitch website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com).
- Click Finish and then be sure scroll up and click Save Changes.
- Click the Settings tab, scroll down to the Forwarding section, and click Manage.
- Click Add one now, and select http:// as your Forward to option. Add your full custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) to the Forward to field. Make sure the Redirect type is set to 301 (Permanent) and the Forward Setting is Forward Only, and click Add.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Stitch admin panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact GoDaddy directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis.