If your domain name is registered with Crazy Domains, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Stitch website.
If you need help at any time, contact Crazy Domains directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Crazy Domains account
- Click on the Domains icon.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section and click DNS Records from the drop down menu in the corner.
- Select CNAME Record for the Record type. In the Sub Domain field, enter www for the subdomain that you’d like to forward. Then enter your Stitch website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) in the Alias For field, and click Create.
- Click the Domains icon again.
- Scroll back down to the DNS Records section and click Web Forward.
- Now select Web Forward from the drop down menu in the DNS Settings section
- Make sure Domain Name is selected. Leave the first field blank and then enter the full custom domain url including the www in the Forward To This Address field (E.g. www.mystore.com) . Then click Create.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Stitch admin panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Crazy Domains directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis.