If your domain name is registered with 123-reg, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Stitch website.
If you need help at any time, contact 123-reg directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your 123-reg account
- Click Control Panel Home. Select the domain that you’ll be using from the Your Domain list and then click Manage.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click Manage DNS.
- Delete the www A record DNS entry. Then add a new www DNS entry, select CNAME for the type, and enter your Stitch website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) and then click Add.
- Click Back to return to the Domain Basics page.
- Then, select Web Forwarding and next to your domain name, click Add to forward your domain.
- Ensure the Permanent Forwarding tab is selected. In the forward to field, enter your full custom domain (E.g. www.mystore.com) and click Confirm.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Stitch admin panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact 123-reg directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis.