If your domain name is registered with Namecheap, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Zibbet website.
If you need help at any time, contact Namecheap directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Namecheap account
- From your Member’s Home page you’ll enter your domain under Quickly Modify One Of Your Domains, then click Modify.
- Next click All Host Records in the page’s left navigation, under the Host Management heading.
- Replace the default free.park-your-domain.com URL in the IP Address/URL column with your Zibbet website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) – the Host Name should automatically be www, and Record Type should be CNAME (Alias) by default.
- Click Save Changes. Note: Namecheap’s default settings automatically take care of your redirects, so you don't need to configure this as you would for other domain providers.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Zibbet Admin Panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Namecheap directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis!