If your domain name is registered with Dreamhost, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Zibbet website.
If you need help at any time, contact Dreamhost directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Dreamhost account
- In the Toolbox menu at the top left, click Manage Domains.
- Under the domain you’d like to use, click the DNS link.
- Scroll down to the Add a custom DNS record section, and in the Name field, enter www.
- In the Type drop down menu, enter CNAME.
- In the Value field, enter your Zibbet website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com), and then click the Add Record Now button.
- Click the Manage Domains link in the Toolbar menu again.
- Click Add Hosting to a Domain/Subdomain at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Redirect section, and in the Domain to Redirect field, enter your URL (E.g. mystore.com).
- In the Redirect to URL field, enter your full custom domain (E.g. www.mystore.com) and then click the Redirect This Domain button.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Zibbet Admin Panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Dreamhost directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis!