If your domain name is registered with Bluehost, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Zibbet website.
If you need help at any time, contact Bluehost directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Bluehost account
- In the top menu, click on Domains.
- Then click Zone Editor in the second menu.
- Scroll down to the Add DNS Record section. In the Host Record field, enter the subdomain: www
- In the Points to drop down, select CNAME. And in the Points to field, enter your Zibbet website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) and click Add Record.
- Next, select Redirect in the second menu bar.
- Click Permanent (301). In the http drop down, select your domain. In the redirects to field, enter your full custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) and click do not redirect www. Click Add this Redirect.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Zibbet Admin Panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact Bluehost directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis!