If your domain name is registered with 1&1, this help guide will walk you through the steps necessary to configure your domain for your Zibbet website.
If you need help at any time, contact 1&1 directly.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your 1&1 account
- Under the Domains heading, click Manage Domains.
- In your custom domain section, click Create Subdomain.
- Enter www in the first Create Subdomain field and click Create Subdomain.
- Now click Manage Subdomains and click on your new www subdomain (E.g. www.mystore.com) in the Subdomain Overview section.
- Click to expand the DNS Settings and then click Edit.
- Beneath the A/AAAA Records section, click CNAME and enter your Zibbet website URL (E.g. mystorename.zibbet.com) in the Alias field, click Save and then Yes when asked if you are sure you want to edit your settings.
- Once you’ve saved those changes, scroll back up, click the Domains tab and then make sure your domain section is expanded.
- Under Domain Settings, click Edit Destination and then click Redirect.
- Enter your full custom domain URL as the redirect destination (E.g. http://www.mystore.com). Select HTTP redirect > Save.
- Lastly, you need to enter your custom domain on the Domains page in your Zibbet Admin Panel. Enter your custom URL (E.g. www.mystore.com) into the custom domain field and click Save.
Nice work, that’s it! It can take up to 48 hours for your domain’s servers to fully update (although it is generally only an hour or two!). Your domain won’t work until their updates are complete.
Remember, if you need help at any time, contact 1&1 directly. They are best placed to help you as they deal with 100s of these configurations on a daily basis!